Thursday, October 18, 2007

Reality

I have been summoned by many of you (Jill) that it's finally time for a new post. I will agree it has been awhile since I have done a new post, so I am officially due. There have been some great events since my last posting. Ben and I went to Moab for the annual Moab century bike ride..Which was fa fa freeeezing. Then last weekend the tri pod was reunited. (Triopod meaning Laura, Ashley and myself)We had a great weekend it was sad to see them go.
Although I've had some great things going on in the past weeks all I can seem to think about is my grandpa. He came into my work for a check up, looking white as a ghost. His once perfectly combed hair was scattered and gray. Weak with pain, I gently pushed him in a wheelchair to his apointment trying to fight back the tears and shock of his fragile appearance. At the end of his appointment he graciously accecpted me to help him to his car.(If you know my grandpa, he most definitely never asks for help) This was a process in itself. It was hard to endure seeing my grandpa in such pain. Today was not the person who I remember my grandpa as..He was weak, in pain, volunerable, emotional, and his hair was not perfectly combed..Today was reality although not how I will remember him..

6 comments:

Brooke said...

Hi Carlee. Thanks for this reality check. It's so hard to picture how grandpa is really doing since I'm so far away. Every time I talk to him on the phone, he sounds so good, but I know that he's not.

carolyn said...

It is hard for me to hear about Bill. It truly breaks my heart. But,I am glad you can be there for him. He needs his family to help him thru.roderick

Jill said...

Who knew that when you got your job you would have to witness the horror that is cancer in your own family. You really can't escape it, you know?

One day at a time. We'll get each other through.

Laura and Ashley said...

Carlee Carlee....love of my life. I'm so sorry you have to deal with this. Wish I could be there for you. I'm finding that writing is like therapy for me. Keep up the posts! I love you and miss you more than anyone I can think of.

Laura and Ashley said...

I miss you more than you know...love you!!

This is Ash

Erin said...

Car, Sorry to hear about your gramps. I've learned these past few years that reality isn't always the most fun thing to confront. I miss the days of having no worries and having life be easy.