Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Before pics

















Our kitchen post Demo!



I decided to document our hard work of remodeling our house (mostly Ben's hard work and my expensive taste:)) Let's begin with the kitchen.

The old kitchen was in great condition which made for an easy demolition. Ben tore out all of the cabinets and appliance and had everything sold on KSL within hours. Once everything was stripped to the studs we began re-redesigning the layout of the kitchen. We extended the island, changed the location of all the appliances except the sink and fridge, shorted the length of a wall and reduced the width of the pantry cabinets to make room for bar seating on the island.

The layout re-design was the easy part. The hardest part was making decisions on paint, cabinets, countertops and appliances! I dont' recommend re-modeling a house and getting married all at the same time. It took us many Saturdays and "visual" representations to make a decision. If you are in the market of remodeling, call me for referrals.

Stay tuned for the new and improved version of our kitchen!!



5 comments:

laura said...

i kind of want to live in your new kitchen. pull out a cot and sleep right next to your pretty new fridge to sneak out midnight samples of your homemade ice cream. miss you. xo.

Amy said...

Exciting! I love seeing before and after pictures.

Ashley and Ezra said...

Your blog will be my new HGTV... I cant wait for the after pics!

Amanda said...

I like these pics....I never got to see the house before and now it looks so wonderful!!

mid said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/cara-membuat-tempe/