Saturday, April 25, 2009

6 months


Last week marked six months since my grandpa passed away. There still isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about him. I still find myself dialing his cell phone just to hear his voice. I have so many things to tell him about what's been going on the past six months.
the birth of another grandson
my older sister's success at her "big wig" job
my little sis and her dance career
haylee graduated
Ry dogg and his sweet lacross skills and becoming a teenager!
many trips to the desert
Moab
San Diego
grand canyon
RV camping
River trip, after river trip
many friend's weddings
me completing ALL my nursing pre-reqs!!
my dad's heart softening
exploring
appreciation
private jets
good food and wine (always!)


Love you gramps! I know you're here with us through all these experiences.

5 comments:

The Neilson Family said...

My how fast time goes by. I am so sorry Car. That is so sweet. He knows you are always thinking of him. He sounds like he was amazing. Love Ya!

Jill said...

I'd like to hear more about your dad's heart softening. Just kidding. I have seen a much softer side of all of my brothers since we lost dad. I think they each are more cognizant of their behavior and are striving to be a little better, a little softer, as am I.

Love you. Love the pic.

carolyn said...

Loved the picture of you and your Grandpa. We do have lots of good memories. I also know that he knows of all the events in our lives and I know he has been in attendance at many of them. Wejust miss him, that all there is to it. I love you Carlee.

Tamara Jacobs said...

hi carlee. your grandpa seems like he is so neat. my grandma passed away a year ago this week, and i think about her every day too. it's hard losing a grandparent, especially when they were such a big part of your life. anyways, just thought i would say hi:) that's such a cute picture.

Anonymous said...

That is the sweetest picture Carlee! There really is something so special about grandparents.